Georgia stores that accept EBT on Instacart
If you want to find out which stores in Georgia accept EBT SNAP online as a form of payment through Instacart, you’ve come to the right place. Instacart Instacart said it can reach nearly 30 million SNAP recipients across the U.S. with its latest expansion of SNAP online purchasing. In this post, we will provide the list of Georgia stores that accept EBT on Instacart.
Additionally, we will walk you through the step-by-step process of shopping online with your EBT card on Instacart, including how to add your Georgia SNAP EBT Card.
Lastly, we will answer the most frequently asked questions about using Georgia SNAP EBT cards to shop online, including questions about SNAP EBT in general.
To learn how to use your SNAP card on Instacart, continue reading below.
Instacart Expands EBT Shopping to Georgia
Online grocery shopping platform Instacart now accepts Georgia SNAP EBT for delivery.
Since November 2020, Instacart has expanded its online grocery shopping nationwide.
As of October 2022, SNAP recipients can use Instacart to order groceries for delivery or pickup from grocers across 49 states and Washington, D.C., and pay directly with their EBT cards.
That now includes stores in Georgia.
Follow the three simple steps below on how to add your Georgia EBT card to Instacart and shop online for pickup or delivery.
We have also provided below a list of all grocery stores that take Georgia SNAP EBT through Instacart.
Additionally, you will find below a list of other grocery stores in Georgia that takes SNAP EBT online for delivery or pick-up.
Hey there! Instacart allows customers in the U.S. to pay for online orders from Aldi stores in Georgia with a valid EBT card, in full or in part. We plan to expand the number of retailers accepting online EBT payments on the Instacart platform. Stay tuned for more updates!-James
— Instacart (@Instacart) November 22, 2020
How to use Georgia EBT on Instacart
Follow the steps below to use your Georgia EBT card on Instacart.
Step 1 – Add your EBT SNAP card to Instacart
Here’s how to add your Georgia SNAP EBT card to Instarcard:
To add an EBT card to your account on Instacart.com or in-app—
- Click or tap the three horizontal lines in the top left corner.
- Select Account settings.
- Select Payment methods.
- Select Add next to EBT SNAP card.
- Enter the first name, last name, and card number on the EBT card.
- Select Save.
Other forms of Payment Required
To successfully use your SNAP EBT card on Instacart, you must also add a credit or debit card to your Instacart account.
This will enable you to cover fees, bottle deposits in some states, taxes, delivery tips, and any other non-EBT SNAP-eligible items you may want to purchase.
Also, only one EBT card can be saved to your profile.
If you need to add a different EBT card, you’ll need to remove the first one before adding another card.
Step 2 – Shop for eligible SNAP food items
There are a few ways for you to see which items are EBT SNAP eligible.
You can allow EBT SNAP-eligible items to display when you shop. To enable this setting—
- Click or tap Account
- Select Your account settings
- Select SNAP EBT info
- Tap the slider to turn on Show EBT eligibility by item
Also, when searching for items you can add a filter by tapping Explore > EBT Eligibility and selecting Only EBT-eligible items to see only EBT-eligible items.
Additionally, if you are browsing items from the Store Homepage, tap or click on a specific item to see if it is EBT SNAP eligible.
If it is eligible, it will say EBT above the price of the item.
Lastly, you can confirm which items are EBT SNAP-eligible in your cart before checking out. It will say EBT under the name of each item that qualifies.
Step 3 – Check out with EBT SNAP Card
Here’s how to checkout on Instacart using your EBT Card:
To checkout, visit your cart and tap or click the green Checkout button. You’ll be asked to add a delivery address and your payment information—
- Enter your credit or debit card information and address
- Add your EBT card information
- Click or tap Edit to change the amount that will apply to your EBT card
- Click or tap Confirm payment method
- On the Place Order page, confirm all information is correct
- Click or tap Place Order
- After placing your order, you will be prompted to enter your EBT card pin to verify your purchase.
How to Download Instacart App
Before you shop, you should download the Instacart app if you have a smartphone. Follow the link below to download the app for both Apple and Andriod devices
Apple Devices (iPhone, etc) – Click here to download Instacart app from the app store.
Android Devices – Click here to download Instacart app from the Google Play store.
Georgia stores that accept EBT on Instacart
Here’s the list of grocery stores in Georgia that accept SNAP EBT cards using Instacart.
- Food Lion
- Piggly Wiggly
FAQ on using your EBT Card on Instacart
Here are the most frequently asked questions about using an EBT card to shop online and about Georgia EBT Card in general:
What other Grocery Stores accept EBT online for Delivery or Pickup?
Here’s a list of other grocery stores in Georgia that take SNAP EBT online for delivery or pickup:
- Earth Fare
- Food City
- Food Lion
- Little Giant Farmers Market
- Nam Dae Mun Farmers Market
- Piggly Wiggly (HAC)
- Sam’s Club Scan and Go
- Shoppers Value Foods (Macon)
- Sprouts Farmers Market
- Whole Foods
How do I check my Georgia EBT Card Balance?
You can check your Georgia EBT Card balance online, in person, or by phone.
To complete your Georgia EBT Card balance check, please call 1-888-421-3281 or visit www.connectebt.com website.
What Restaurants take Georgia SNAP EBT?
The Restaurant Meals Program is a federal program that enables qualified elderly, disabled, and homeless food stamps recipients to buy food at authorized restaurants. Any state or county can enroll in the Restaurant Meals Program.
The purpose of the program is to help expand food access to those who do not have a place to store and cook food, who may not be able to prepare food or who don’t have access to a grocery store.
Unfortunately, the state of Georgia does not currently participate in the Restaurant Meals Program. We will update you as soon as the state joins the program.
What is the number to call for Georgia?
Here’s the number to call if you are trying to reach Georgia Food Stamps EBT Customer Service:
You can call the customer service number 24 hours a day/ 7 days a week.
You can call the Georgia EBT Phone Number to:
- Check your SNAP or cash account balance information.
- Hear your last ten transactions.
- Request a printed 2-month statement of your account history.
- File a claim if you suspect that a transaction error occurred.
- Change your PIN.
- Report damaged, lost, or stolen cards, and request a replacement card be mailed to you.
How do I remove my EBT card from my Instacart account?
There are two ways to remove your EBT card from Instacart. You can do it online or through the mobile app.
Follow the steps below:
To remove an EBT card from your account on Instacart.com—
- Click the three horizontal lines in the top left corner.
- Click Account settings.
- Click Payment methods.
- Click Delete next to EBT SNAP card.
- Click Delete again to confirm you want to remove the EBT card from your account.
To remove an EBT card from your account in-app—
- Tap the three horizontal lines in the top left corner.
- Tap Account settings.
- Tap Payment methods.
- Tap the pencil icon in the top right corner.
- Tap the red minus icon next to the EBT card you want to remove.
- Tap Delete.
What can I buy with Georgia EBT on Instacart?
Here’s a list of food items you can purchase through Instacart with your Georgia EBT Card:
- meats, fish, poultry
- deli meats and steak
- dairy products
- seeds and plants that produce food for the household
- soft drinks
- snack crackers
- ice cream
- energy drinks (must have a nutrition label)
- live seafood, such as lobster, fish, and shellfish
- pumpkins (as long as they are edible)
- birthday cakes (the non-edible piece of the cake cannot exceed 50 percent)
- bakery items
Here’s what you CANNOT buy with your SNAP benefits:
- Alcoholic beverages
- tobacco products
- hot food (prepared for immediate consumption)
- Nonfood items
- pet foods
- paper products
- medicines and vitamins
- household supplies
- grooming items
Georgia stores that accept EBT on Instacart Summary
We hope this post on Georgia stores that accept EBT on Instacart was helpful.
If you have further questions about Georgia SNAP or EBT Card, please let us know in the comments section below.
Also, be sure to check out our other articles about Georgia SNAP and EBT, including:
- Georgia Emergency Allotment benefits by Month.
- How do I renew my food stamps in GA?
- What is the maximum income to qualify for Georgia SNAP?
- How much will I get In food stamps In Georgia?
- Who qualifies for food stamps in GA?
- How to use EBT at Trader Joe’s in Georgia