Stores that accept EBT online in Georgia
Under the SNAP Online Purchasing Pilot launched by the USDA 2019, 49 states including Georgia now allow food stamps SNAP beneficiaries to shop and pay for groceries online. This includes retail giants like Amazon and Walmart, plus the online grocery shopping platform Instacart. In this post, we are going to provide a list of grocery stores that accept EBT online in Georgia.
In addition, we will answer the most frequently asked questions about using Georgia SNAP EBT card online for grocery purchases.
Stores that accept EBT online in Georgia
Here’s the updated list of stores that accept Georgia SNAP EBT online for delivery and pick-up.
We will continue to update this list as the USDA adds more grocery stores.
- Earth Fare
- Food Lion
- Little Giant Farmers Market
- Piggly Wiggly (HAC)
- Sam’s Club Scan and Go
- Shoppers Value Foods (Macon)
- Sprouts Farmers Market
- Whole Foods
Note that some of these stores accept EBT through Instacart.
FAQ on using EBT online in Georgia
Here are the most frequently asked questions about using an EBT card to shop online and about Georgia EBT Card in general:
Can I use my SNAP EBT Card to pay for Shipping and Delivery?
No. Federal law requirements prohibit using your SNAP benefits to cover shipping or delivery fees.
However, some grocery stores offer free shipping by adding enough qualifying items to your order.
For example, Amazon waives grocery delivery fees for orders over $35.
Can I order online and pick up my items?
Yes. However, the option to pick up your online items is dependent on which retailer you purchase from.
For example, when you buy your groceries online using your EBT card through Amazon, you cannot select pick-up.
When you buy your groceries online using your EBT card through Walmart, you can schedule a grocery pick-up at no charge.
How do I order for Pick up or Delivery at Walmart?
Here’s how to use your SNAP benefit to order at Walmart for Delivery and Curbside Pick-up:
Use SNAP benefits for delivery within 10 miles of your local Walmart store.
A $7.95-$9.95 delivery fee applies and cannot be paid for with SNAP benefits.
Use this three-step process to order groceries through curbside pick-up.
- Order groceries at walmart.com/grocery or on the Walmart Grocery mobile app.
- During checkout, select EBT Card as payment method.
- Swipe EBT card with the Walmart associate upon arrival at the pick-up location.
What Can I buy with Georgia Food Stamps?
You can use your Georgia EBT card to purchase food that you are going to prepare at home. This includes:
- Breakfast cereal
- Meats and poultry
- Fruit and vegetables
- Pasta, rice, and tortillas
- Canned legumes
- Juice (shelf-stable, non-carbonated)
- Tofu and soy products
- Peanut butter
There are items that are not eligible for SNAP EBT card purchase. This includes:
- Beer, wine, liquor, cigarettes, or tobacco
- Vitamins, medicines, and supplements. If an item has a Supplement Facts label, it is considered a supplement and is not eligible for SNAP purchase.
- Live animals (except shellfish, fish removed from the water, and animals slaughtered prior to pick-up from the store).
- Prepared Foods fit for immediate consumption
- Hot foods
- Any nonfood items such as:
– Pet foods
– Cleaning supplies, paper products, and other household supplies.
– Hygiene items, cosmetics
What happens if I purchase non-eligible items with my SNAP benefits?
That is illegal and you will be committing food stamps fraud.
Trading or selling your SNAP benefits or your EBT card for cash, non-eligible items, or services is known as “trafficking” and is illegal.
Selling or trading your SNAP benefits or the EBT card could result in the loss of your benefits and criminal penalties.
You commit food stamps fraud when you:
- Sell or trade your EBT card
- Purchase or trade ineligible items using SNAP benefits.
- Trade services for SNAP benefits.
- Sell food items purchased with SNAP.
Stores that accept EBT online in Georgia Summary
We hope this post on Stores that accept EBT online in Georgia was helpful.
If you have further questions about Georgia SNAP or EBT Card, please let us know in the comments section below.
Also, be sure to check out our other articles about Georgia SNAP and EBT, including: