Compass.ga.gov food stamp application
The Georgia food stamp program is given to people in need of federal assistance, to purchase food. To qualify for food stamps, you must have an eligible income level based on a number of factors that influence your eligibility. If you are trying to apply for the food stamp program (SNAP), visit the COMPASS website and use the eligibility calculator to determine if you can receive federal assistance. Once you have determined that you are eligible to receive federal benefits, you can apply for Georgia food stamps. We have provided information below on how to apply online or in person at a county office near you.
Do You Qualify for Georgia Food Stamps?
There are several questions you have to answer to determine whether you have met the criteria for SNAP benefits in the state of Georgia. Here are some of the questions you should have an answer to before you apply, especially when you meet for the in person interview that will determine whether you are approved for the program or not.
- Are you a United States citizen?
- Are you a resident of Georgia and can you prove it?
- How many children are in your household?
- What are your assets? This includes money that is saved in bank accounts or stocks. The more assets you have, the less likely you are to qualify. They will require documentation to show you have what you claim you have so be prepared with your documents.
- What is your income? This includes money you earn from jobs but also other forms of income like baby-sitting, unemployment, or child support. This is probably the most important factor they are going to look at to determine how much your monthly food stamps amount is going to be. You should therefore gather all your documents and be ready to verify your income. If you have incomplete or missing information, that will delay your case further.
Compass.ga.gov food stamp application Process
Here is the online system you are going to use to apply for your benefits:
Georgia Food Stamps Online Application
To apply for Georgia food stamps online, visit the Compass website and Click the ‘Apply for Benefits’ picture.
You will be directed to an informational page that determines eligibility for medical coverage. Click the ‘Next’ button located on the bottom right.
You will then select the appropriate bubble stating if you are a new applicant or returning to a saved application and click the ‘Next’ button on the bottom right of the screen. If you want to save the application, it is important that you follow this step.
You can then begin the application process. You must be able to provide documentation of the income limits and follow the instructions to complete the online application. Remember that as we have stated before, you should gather all the documents that are needed before you begin the application process as any missing documents will only delay your application further.
Apply in Person
You can also apply for Georgia food stamps in person at the Division of Family and Children Services (DFCS) office near you. To find the nearest food stamp office near you, see our list of county offices by clicking here. To download the Georgia Food Stamps application, click here.
For assistance applying for the SNAP program or for additional questions you may have, call the Georgia Food Stamp Number at 1-877-423-4746. If you have a hearing impairment, call 1-800-255-0135. All COMPASS services are free to use.
**ATTENTION: Since this article was posted, Georgia COMPASS has moved to a new platform called Georgia Gateway. Georgia COMPASS no longer exists. You can use the new Georgia Gateway platform to access all social benefit programs. For more information on the Georgia Gateway platform, please see our updated post on Georgia Gateway food stamp application, here.